Walks up to 5 km
Chateau Jemčina, is set in the beautiful surroundings of Jicin’s forests, ponds and river Nežárka between Jindřichův Hradec and Trebon.
The largest South Bohemian pond of Rožmberk, with a volume of about 6.2 million m3 of water, is about 6 km from the town of Třeboň. It is the largest pond in the Czech Republic with an area of almost 490 hectares and is the largest in Central Europe. It is build by so often “cursed” and “unscrupulous” Rožmberk regent Jakub Krčín from Jelčan and Sedlčan at the instigation of floods in 1544. In the years 1584 to 1590, eight hundred people moved in primitive conditions up to 750 thousand m3 of earth.
Chateau Stráž nad Nežárkou
The chateau in Stráž nad Nežárkou, which was owned by the famous Czech opera singer Ema Destin in 1914 – 1930. The life of a legendary artist of world fame is reminded to you in the newly reconstructed interior of an exhibition of photographs, letters, personal items and paintings. In addition, you can see the costumes associated with many of her famous opera roles. It is also worth mentioning the history of the baroque castle itself. It was created by the reconstruction of a medieval castle, which still has a rounded tower with a blade. It has been owned by Destiny in the mid-twenties. She spent all her spare time in the Stráž, a forced artistic pause and the end of her life.
Swimming in Sand Mines
The beach at a sand mine in front of Stráž nad Nežárkou, about 1.5 km from “POUTNÍKA” with clean water in a beautiful natural scenery.
Length: 14.0 km, Area: 36.0 ha
Coarse fishing ground (421 088)
Influx of Nežárka (connections between Nezarka and Lužnice). From the entrance to Nežárka below Stráže nad Nežárkou to the exit from Lužnice u Splavů pod Majdalénou. Fishing for trawl fish is prohibited. The inflows do not belong to the district.
Longer walks up to 10 km
On the site of the northern wing of today’s castle was the castle of Landštejnské Vítkovce, rebuilt in the 14th century by Rožmberk. In 1482 there was a new castle building, in 1522 side wings were added. Other annexes and remodeling changed the building to a simple Renaissance chateau. After a fire in 1562, A. Ericer built the tract and the southern tower with an entrance to the inner courtyard. D. B. Comet built in 1599 – 1602 for Petr Vok of Rožmberk, who chose Třeboň as his seat. The comet also built economic and official buildings, castle gates, a library with a picture gallery. In the anti-Habsburg rebellion, Třeboň defended the Emperor until 1622. The castle was then sacked by General Marradas. In the three centuries of the Schwarzenberg government, nothing more than constructive modifications took place in the castle.
A historical and spa town with a rich cultural tradition, whose origins date back to the middle of the 12th century. Třeboň is inherently connected with the noble family of the Vítkovci, later the Třeboň branch of the Rožmberks and archives founded by them, which is today one of the most important in the Czech Republic. Třeboň is the center of the Protected Landscape Area of Třeboňsko, which is listed in the UNESCO International List of Biosphere Reserves. Třeboňsko is an ideal place for cycling trips, Nordic walking or for recreation at one of the many ponds or sandpits. There are also many other sports activities, such as tennis on clay courts, in the winter in a covered tennis hall, squash, bowling, pétanque, table tennis. It is also very popular in the field of culture in the form of music festivals, festivals, concerts, theater performances in local theater J.K. Tila, film performances at Světozor cinema on the square and dance evenings in the cultural center Roháč.
If you are looking for extraordinaryness, maximum privacy, silence, peace and surrounded by the charm of times past you want to be in the center of the beautiful Trebon, visit us.
At the stone wall at pond of Svět there is a beautiful Schwarzenberg tomb. It was built by Jan Adolf II. Schwarzenberg and his wife Princess Eleonora, who are known above all as initiators of rebuilding Hluboká Castle into today’s Neo-Gothic form. The builder F.D.Deworetzký designed, according to the Italian model of Campo Santa, a two-storey neo-gothic building with a double staircase and planted it in a park near the pond. The tomb is below the ground level and the pond Svět. To avoid water from the ground at the base of the building, an air channel was set up. Wide is 60 cm and deep 2 meters. In the sober space of the chapel there is only an altar of white sandstone, gypsum and Istrian marble dedicated to God’s Redeemer.
Trip around the World (Svět)
The educational trail around the World (Svět) is a twelve-mile closed circuit around the World Pond (on the southwest edge of Třeboň). On 16 information boards the trail provides visitors with basic information on the development of Třeboňsko. Most of the information panels are devoted to basic ecological relationships in nature and individual plant and animal species, typical for various communities of the Třeboň landscape. It also draws on the history of ponds, spa and the development of folk architecture. The trail follows the field and forest roads, part along the meadow paths and along the dam of the Pond World. Trails include resting places with benches, many with views of the surrounding countryside.
Aurora Spa Complex is located not far from the Pond World in a quiet part of the spa town of Trebon, and is surrounded by a spa park on one side. The Aurora Spa includes a social hall with a café, a Harmonie restaurant, a bar, a bowling bar, a shop, an internet room, a hairdresser, a beauty salon and a pedicure. In October 2006, the last part of the Aqua viva wellness center was completed at Aurora Spa. Gradually, a relaxation hall (gym and fitness center), a swimming pool complex (a salt water swimming pool, a steam cabin, a sauna, a solarium, squash) and water attractions (wild river, pearl massage benches, water mushroom, ). The area of water attractions is connected to the pool complex. Aqua Viva’s center is accessible not only to the guests of the spa, but also to the public.
Trips above 10 km
Hluboká nad Vltavou
If you come to Hluboká nad Vltavou, you will immediately notice the white silhouettes of the castle, which overlooks the dramatically wavy terrain. The dazzling building reminds you of a children’s book lock. The funky battlements, decorative details, towers, white walls, crampons, bastions, balconies, supporting pillars and lace windows are the attributes of an unforgettable structure.
Hluboka is an ideal outing destination for lovers of history, irreplaceable romance, and there are also sports enthusiasts. The town of Hluboká nad Vltavou definitely is not a sleepy nest, where only an hour-long castle tour can take place.
The monumental complex of castle buildings and chateau in Jindřichův Hradec is one of the largest in the Czech Republic. The adjoining city hall combines in harmoniously grouped unity, whose historical character and a set of unique building and artistic monuments form an urban conservation area, announced in 1950.
In the possession of the manor and the city, seven generations were replaced by three leading noble families. The Lords of Hradec, Slavata and Černínová of Chudenice, with their high political and social status, contributed to the formation of the whole country’s fate, and an adequate cultural atmosphere was reflected in the exhibition of the castle and chateau in Jindřichův Hradec. Already in the Gothic era, it was one of the most prestigious castles and the other building activities of its owners, especially the Renaissance, made it one of the most valuable architectural ensembles in the Czech lands. Its individual parts, with their exhibition, are comparable to the most advanced European architecture.
The State Castle and Chateau of Český Krumlov belongs to its architectural level, its cultural tradition and its area among the most important monuments of the Central European region. The original layout, mass composition, interior installation and architectural details have been preserved in building development since the 14th to the 19th century.
Červená Lhota Castle is located in South Bohemia, about 20 kilometers from Jindřichův Hradec, in the middle of a pond on a solid rocky island. The castle is accessible via a stone bridge linking the dyke with the island.
Birthplace of Jan Zizka from Trocnov. The original settlement of Trocnov consisted of two courtyards of the Zeman. It is 1.5 km away from the present Trocnov settlement (until the 1960s Zaluží). Sometime in the middle of the 14th century, the village of Řehoř Žižka and his wife settled in one of these courtyards, which was the birthplace of son Jan around 1360. He spent his childhood and probably also years in the Czech Republic.
The Trocnov area can be crossed through the marked circuit. The starting point is the Jan Zizka Monument Building in Trocnov, where the finds from both trocnovic yards are stored. This memorial was established from the original auxiliary court of the Borovan monastery, which was built between 1678 and 1679 probably from the remnants of the walls of the Trocnov court.